The Novation MiniNova is a powerful and versatile synthesizer that was release in 2012.
With 256 onboard sounds, the Mininova is a great choice for musicians who need a versatile instrument for live performances, studio work, or home recording.
One of the standout features of the Mininova is its deep editing capabilities. The synth offers hands-on control over every aspect of its sound engine, including its three oscillators, multi-mode filter, extensive modulation options, and built-in effects. This makes it a great tool for sound designers who want to create custom sounds from scratch.
Some of my songs featuring the Morodor Nova
Another highlight of the Mininova is its integration with Novation’s free editing software, which allows users to access even more parameters and presets. The software also includes a librarian function for organizing and storing patches.
In addition to its powerful sound engine, the Mininova also features a 37-note keyboard, which is velocity-sensitive and includes aftertouch. The synth also includes a range of performance features, including an arpeggiator, vocoder, and motion recording for capturing and playing back parameter changes.
For fans of the iconic Moog synthesizers, Novation also offers a special edition of the Mininova called the Morodor Nova. This version of the synth, released in 2014, is designed in collaboration with electronic music pioneer Giorgio Moroder and features custom patches and sounds inspired by his legendary work.
The Moroder Nova version of the Novation Mininova does indeed feature a custom Moroder-themed front panel, which includes a distinctive color scheme and graphic design inspired by Giorgio Moroder’s work. The custom panel features a black and silver color scheme with blue and red accents, and Moroder’s signature is printed on the top left of the panel. This gives the Moroder Nova a unique look and feel that sets it apart from the standard Mininova.
Overall, the Novation Mininova is an excellent choice for musicians who need a versatile and powerful synthesizer in a compact package. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a beginner, the Mininova offers an impressive range of features and performance options that make it a great investment for any music production setup.
The Novation Mininova and Moroder Nova are versatile synthesizers that have been used on a wide range of musical genres and popular songs. Here are a few examples of popular songs that have featured sounds from Novation synths, including the Mininova:
- “Get Lucky” by Daft Punk – This hit song features a synth solo played on a Mininova, which was programmed by the French musician and producer Chilly Gonzales.
- “Feel It Still” by Portugal. The Man – The intro riff and bassline of this song were both created using a Mininova.
- “Happy” by Pharrell Williams – The synth stabs in this chart-topping hit were created using a Mininova.
- “Everything Now” by Arcade Fire – This song features a Mininova on the main synth riff.
- “Don’t Wanna Fight” by Alabama Shakes – The distorted synth sound in the chorus of this song was created using a Mininova.
- “Popcorn” by Hot Butter – This classic synth-pop hit from the 1970s features a Moog synthesizer, which was the inspiration for the Moroder Nova’s sound library.
These are just a few examples, but there are countless other popular songs that have featured Novation synths in some capacity. The Mininova and Moroder Nova’s versatility and sound quality make them great choices for a wide range of musical applications, from electronic dance music to rock, pop, and beyond.